iE Ireland offers students the opportunity to study in Ireland for either 1, 2 or 3 terms (a full academic year). Being on this programme will allow students to attend one of our great public schools and they will with a host family carefully selected by us. In addition, students will enjoy numerous activities and excursions, always with the supervision of our local coordinators.
Ireland has a large number of public schools distributed among its different regions. All of them, offer an excellent education. These are called Comprehensive Schools or Community Schools in Ireland.
The school curriculum is established by the country’s Department of Education and all students take the same official exams.
Public schools can be:
- Mixed or coed.
Want to know more?
- Search, vetting and careful selection of host families.
- School fees.
- Transfers at the beginning and end of the programme.
- Option to attend activities and excursions with our partner.
- Administrative costs in Ireland, local coordinator services, documentation.
- Advice and support on the choice of subjects and the subsequent convalidation (if needed).
- Student Handbook.
- Guidance prior to departure.
- 24-hour emergency telephone service in Ireland.
- Mandatory health, liabiliy and baggage insurance.
- Online system. where students will type in periodical progress reports.
- Round trip flights.
- International air transport to / from Ireland.
- School transportation and costs of such (appr. 80-150 Euro per month).
- Student personal expenses (pocket money).
- Meals at school.
- Extra activities and excursions.
- School Uniform.
- Students aged between 13 and 18 years old.
- Reasonable knowledge of the language. the English language. Ideally provided by test results (e.g. IELTIS test).
- School grades of C- average or better.
- A certain level of maturity required to face the challenges of becoming an international student.
- Agree to the programme rules and standards of conduct outlined in the Student Handbook that will be provided to the student by their sending agent or during the orientation session of the programme.